Sunday, January 22, 2012

Quilt #2... The half square triangle...

 The half square triangle is a funny quilt.  You press your fabric.  You cut your fabric into squares.  You mark one of the squares with a diagonal pencil line.  (the diagonal line is on the brown squares, but it's REALLY hard to see in the picture)  Did I mention that there are about 175 6" squares of brown fabric and 175 6" squares of printed fabric :D  THEN, you sew a 1/4" seam along both sided of the hard to see diagonal pencil line.




 Next, you get to cut apart the 175 squares into two triangles.... TA DA!!!
  Now is the best part!  It's time to iron all of the squares flat :)  This takes a LONG time!!!  The next step is the part that makes me want to cry a little bit... I have to go and re-cut all of the squares to be 5.5" :)   So to recap- iron fabric.  cut fabric.  Sew fabric.  cut fabric.  iron fabric. cut fabric.  THEN sew it all back together to make a quilt top :D  Yes, I may be totally NUTS!!!  Oh, then I have to press it all again!

PS- I need a name for this quilt.  How 'bout, I've got the Brown Blues Quilt? ..or the Brown Quilt Blues?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***