Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Going Green


Because of the new laws in California regarding plastic grocery sacks, I thought it might be fun to make a reusable grocery sac :)


It was one of my quilty friends birthdays right before Christmas, so I made this one for her.


It came together really quickly and I think it will work nicely :)


I have a sister in law who always uses reusable grocery bags.  
I need to make her a few so she can give me pointers.

(I'm thinking of opening an etsy shop selling these ;)  Any pointers??)





PS- BE SURE TO STOP BY AND CHECK OUT MY #BFTPqal!  SUPER FUN!!!  CLICK HERE!


3 comments:

  1. I don't have any pointers on making them but I do have a couple of ideas on sizes. I have a big reusable sack that is at least 18" long and 12" wide and deep. It is perfect for cereal, chips, etc. Things that are large but light. Plus, because it's so large, all of my other bags fit nicely inside. The checkers are always glad to see it because it holds those odd items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in San Luis Obispo County and we have not had plastic bags for along time now. These are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I have reusable bags from the grocery store I shop at, but they aren't washable. I wouldn't want to do a test on them for germy-ness. These washable ones would be so much better--and pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***