Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Brittni's Diaper Bag


My daughters sister in law needed a new diaper bag.


So of course, I had to make her one! ;D


Brittni purchased the fabric and shipped it to me from Arizona.



She chose the sweetest fabric!


These birds are just AMAZING!!


There are tons of divided pockets and bottle pockets.



My friend Marilyn Cowan designed this bag over 40 years ago.


She revived the pattern for me when I had my first son 14 years ago and then again when my girls had their babies .


I am still trying to figure out how to make the pattern available to y'all!


It's all cut from large pattern pieces.  


I will let you know a soon as I figure it out!

If you would like a copy of the pattern, please let me know and I can mail one to you :)

9 comments:

  1. This bag is just adorable! I love the fabrics your daughter sent for you to make it with!
    I need to make a sweet friend something for her baby girl who is due in July...Can I get the pattern from you? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. The quilting is fantastic! I'd love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marion, I would love the pattern for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marion, Great bag. Send the pattern. Our family is adding grandkids yearly lately. Darlene dhoctor@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would absolutely love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would absolutely love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post

    https://amzn.com/B01KW6AB3M

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've made probably 6 or 8 of your temple bags, one smaller sized for a great-granddaughter. I'm thinking of using your pattern, but adapting it a bit with a zipper top, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-CHW9EEd3k), the pockets on the sides, maybe a smaller strap on the top, and a clip on longer strap lower down the sides. My plans are still up in the air, but my brain is spinning. I think that this pattern would be a big help in my planning if you would send it to me. I also have a brand new great-grandbaby, so maybe I'll even make a diaper bag. Thank you so much for sharing your temple bag, I've had reports from recipients of lots of compliments, and I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very muchJogos 2019
    friv free online Games
    free online friv Games

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***