Monday, August 13, 2012

I Know What I Am Going To-Do Today...

I have been having a HUGELY fun time these past few weeks watching the Olympics and playing with my BFF, Michelle, who's in town from Hong Kong.  She and her family moved last summer and I had no idea how much I had been missing her until she came back.  I had even forgotten how MAD I am at her husband for moving them 27 hours away!  ...I am back to being mad at him :p  There are some friends you have that really fill a special place in your heart that no one else can fill.  Michelle is one of those friends that just love you no matter what you say or do.  She is one of those rare souls that really just loves you for who you are.  I miss her terribly and now I am going to quit with my sentimental ramblings :)  Here is a picture of us with a few of our friends.
From left to right- Me, Michelle, Luz and Josse
PS- Michelle is a elite marathon runner.  She missed qualifying for the Olympic trials by 45 seconds.  She ROCKS!

On to quilting.  I've gone back to my Monday posting from 2 weeks ago as I never really reviewed it properly in and amongst all of my partying!  YEE HAW!

LAST, last's Weeks List :)
#1 Finish my nephews Surf Shop quilt DONE :)  Signed, sealed, delivered!

#2 Finish Luigi DONE!!! 

#3 Maybe get Goomba done (the Mario Bro's block for this week) ...NOPE, no way, not even close... and I have a cloud that I need to to do too :\

So this week I plan on doing:
#1 Melissa's messenger bag
#2 Miranda's present (my daughter wants this to be a quilt, but I think it is going to be a messenger bag and when she gets married, someday, it can be a quilt)
#3 Top Secret Quilt (due mid August)
#4 a bit of the Mario quilt if I can :)

AUGUST LIST-
Chrisann's quilt (the AWESOME kindergarten teacher)
Will's birthday quilt (due December)

Back Burner Purgatory.... lol!!! ;) ...it's GROWING is STOPPED, by order of ME!!!! :) !!!!
Mini Quilt for Konda
Alyson's Living room Quilt
Alyson's Bedroom Quilt
Mandy's quilt
2 Twin Size applique quilts for my nieces
The April $29 girl quilt 
the May $29 quilt
the June $29 quilt
My bed quilt
My flea market fancy quilt...maybe hexies or a dresden plate???
Chevron fat quarter bundle quilt- Probably a quarter square triangle quilt as seen at market.
Blue bird quilt for me (still collecting fat quarters for this one... feel free to send me a blue and white FQ)
Challenge quilt for next year's quilt show
"Letters to my Daughter" block of the month
July $29 Quilt


PS- I am SUPER excited (maybe a bit too much) but starting a week from Tuesday, I will be ALONE for SEVEN hours, 5 days a week!  I have not been alone for nearly 21 years.  ...ok, I was alone for kindergarten last year, but only for 2 hours from 1-3... and I volunteered one of the days.  Strange times are coming my way.  I'm kinda thinking I am going to PLOW through my list... but who knows ;D

4 comments:

  1. Ooh-I remember the day my baby went to first grade. I was working like a fiend at the time tho-had my own business at home-but the free hours were great. Your list is amazing-my goal is to finish my angry bird quilt top this week and I'm not sure if it is going to happen...Does your quilt shop have a web site for the $29 quilts? It sounds like an awesome way to get my fabric fix more inexpensively......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! They do and they ship their stuff. They have an awesome block of the "every other week" going right now, called Letters to My Daughter. $40 for 24 blocks :) We are doing their bom for a stake quilting class. This is their blog http://stitchesandsewforth.blogspot.com/
      Their names are Becky and Kelly Morganson. They are a little family run shop. We do everything we can to support them :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'll check them out.

      Delete
  2. Wow,party girl, I'M afraid of checking your blog already with all those finishes let alone you say you'll be alone for 7 hours a day? Goodness gracious, can't wait to see your list shrink :)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***