Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Wolf's Quilt

We have some very dear friends who have been a great blessing to our family.


We wanted to do something special for Christmas for them.


I can't think of anything more special than a quilt ;D


I whipped this baby out last Saturday afternoon.


It went together very nicely :)


The backing is a cuddle minky I bought at JoAnn's on sale ;)


It is SO darn soft and squishy!!!


It was so squishy I didn't even use batting ;)


I also just wrapped the backing around for the binding.


I may have a new favorite quilt backing... and binding technique.

I hope you are enjoying your week between Christmas and New Year's.  It is my FAVORITE week of the year!!! xo

Will be linking up with Amanda Jean over at Crazy Mom Quilts :)

6 comments:

  1. I love the backing - very cute finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love minky as backing, but tend to not use it as much because it's so much more expensive. But the quilting is gorgeous on a minky back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this line of fabric. Cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a quick finish. It looks great and the minky sounds very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOO, love the idea of minky onthe back. Is there any secrets you want to share with us on how to use the minky and how to deal with the stretchiness?

    I can imagine how wonderful it is to snuggle under!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***