Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Will's Shore Thing Duffle

One more Christmas present is checked off my list :)  YIPPEE!!!!

My son asked for a duffle bag for Christmas. [The duffle is so big, he almost fits inside.]  He says he needs it for his sleepovers at his cousins house. [These two cousins would live together if they could.]  His birthday quilt matches it perfectly. [Check it out HERE.]


I used the same pattern for THIS duffle bag I made in November.


This is a cute fussy cut side pocket nestled in between the crabby straps.


The other side with another fun pocket.


Lots of lobsters protecting the main zipper ;D


Crabby zippered end pocket.


Boats floating on an ocean zippered pocket on the other end.


Here is the top shot ;D


I did a pixelated fmq pattern.


I really LOVE the lobsters!


I added two zippered pocket on the inside of the duffle.
One on each end.


I figured there can never be too many pockets.


The duffle is lined with black duck.
Nice and sturdy ;)


The fabric is an ensemble of Emily Herrick's Shore Thing and Going Coastal fabric lines by Michael Miller.

I am going to be pretty grouchy when this AWESOME duffle goes on it's first scout camping trip in a few years.  I am not sure that even a WHOLE can of Scotch Guard will help protect it from what the scouts will do to it :(

6 comments:

  1. Its darling! I have most of those fabrics collected to make a cran themed quilt. I love crabs, they are kind of my signature! Great overnite bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good job, and just the thing for a boy. I am sure that he will just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super-duper FUN bag! I'm thinking the bag should go M.I.A. a day or two before any scouting trip. (trade out with an old army duffle bag). It's just too cute to be victimized by all the mishaps that can happen on a scout camp out. =P

    hugZ,
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too bought this pattern but haven't tried it out yet. You've done a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome bag - your always turn out so cool! I'm sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***