Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mandy's Quilt

Several months ago, my sister in law, Mandy and went shopping to pick out fabric for a quilt for her bedroom. 


She wanted a large throw to go with her new bedroom set. 
Her new bedroom set was very neutral, so she wanted the throw to "pop" a bit :)


They also wanted a simple design.  Chevrons are perfect.


For the back, we had planned on just the green, but I decided to make the quilt a bit bigger, so I needed to piece the back.  I just used the left over blocks to make half square triangles :)


For the quilting, I did the clam shell fmq from Natalia Bonner's Beginners Guide to Free Motion Quilting.


The binding is hand sewn on.


I really love the Riley Blake green print on the back.  It's Sweet Nothings by Zoe Pearn


I have a thing for quilt backs ;)


I've started to add labels to my quilts.  I am not sure if I like them or not.

On Thursday, I will be posting a tutorial for this quilt pattern HERE just for Myra :)

10 comments:

  1. Marion, I LOVE what you did with the leftover blocks on the back--it adds so much interest to those HST's! I think that's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I'm not a big fan of chevrons (gasp!) but I really like this one. I like how the white is narrower than the prints. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo :D It's gorgeous. Great job with the clamshells. I love that you hand stitch your bindings down. It's such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might be a touched biased, but I love it!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very CUTE quilt! I look forward to the tutorial. =)

    hugZ,
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt. I like quilts like that. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful quilt! The back is a great idea, I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute quilt - love the aqua, green and orange colors

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Your sister-in-law is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wooohoooo! I love this quilt and will will try to wait patiently for the tute :-) one more thing, the way you quilted the host star quilt-awesome! But I have a gammill, did you do it sitting or long arming?? I'd love to do this if it can be done on the long arm. Amie :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***