Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Karen's Quilts for Christmas

(I got a new laptop for Christmas so I can finally blog again :))

Just before Christmas, I received a special custom quilt order from a dear friend whose mother (Karen) passed away a few years ago.  I have made two other quilts for this special family.

(You can read about the other quilts I have made for Karen's husband and son HERE & HERE)

This time the quilts were to be made for Karen's three daughters.

I finished them back in December.


This beauty was made for Chrisann, my dear friend.


It, like all of the rest, are made from Karen's clothes.


Each quilt has a special label for each daughter.


This quilt is my favorite and is for Heidi.


The red and white are so perfect together.


All of the quilting was done by the AMAZING Stacy Simmons.


This cheerful quilt is for Jenn.


Many of these clothes were worn in Karen's last few weeks of life.


It is always such a special privileged to make a quilt for someone out of their loved ones clothes. 
 I really cherish the opportunity!



PS- BE SURE TO STOP BY AND CHECK OUT MY #BFTPqal!  SUPER FUN!!!  CLICK HERE!

5 comments:

  1. The quilts are lovely but the labels make the finished quilts priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful Marion. The quilts are beautiful, and those labels make them so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful tribute, and I love the simplicity of the blocks, very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely gift to treasure and remember Karen. Such a special friend to make these lovely quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts. I'm sure they will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***