Sunday, July 28, 2013

Karen's Quilt is FINISHED :)

Ta Da!!! :)


In 2009, my friend Chrisann's mother, Karen,  passed away.

This quilt was made for Chrisann's brother Terry.


Terry's wife, Ruth chose the pattern from one of my first quilts.


I used some of Karen's clothes to make the quilt.


I made one for their father last Christmas.  Blogged HERE.


For the back, I used a grey chevron minky.


The quilt is for Terry's birthday :)  


Construction notes:  I used Pellon featherweight fusible stabilizer on the back of the knits.  I thought it was the same kind I had bought before , but it was not :/  This stabilizer was to thick.  It made for very difficult and laborious quilting.  I ended up breaking THREE needles while quilting it.

7 comments:

  1. What a quilt of love! The minky is a lovely finish, must feel like a hug.
    Love your quilting! I just bought a new book showing me how to do those free motion swirls........lots of practice coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting looks great. I love quilts with a story. Super special and it's a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and story!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! specially the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors, and I love the history of it. I'm glad you were able to finish despite broken needles! That is so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the quilt. Too bad it was so hard to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very nicely done and what a special story behind it all. I have a stash of red black white for a quilt, I must get onto it before the year ends!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***