Friday, July 19, 2013

SLMQG Pillow Swap

In June the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild had a 20" pillow swap.  I couldn't make it that night, but last night there was a "make up" swap.


I had a mini charm pack of Coma and cracked it open to see what I could come up with.


A granny square formed itself on my floor ;)


I added in some extra green and orange and black to get my square to 22".
(Can you guess what the exterior text fabric is?)


For the quilting I did an orange peel fmq.



Ta da!!!  A cute sofa pillow :)


For the back I used Half Moon in black. 


Here it is being all cute on the guest bed.


The sad news is that no one else brought a finished pillow to swap :(


I brought my pillow home to wait for next month :) 


...or maybe, I'll just keep it!

xo

5 comments:

  1. I would be glad no one showed up to swap! This is so adorable you need to keep it for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pillow Marion! I love the orange peel design for the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love the orange peel quilting too. Sorry no one else brought a pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pillow and loved working with you today. My email is jeanenne@digis.net. Loved meeting you. Loved your scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous! Great colours and great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***