Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Brown Quilt Blues are OVER!!

The quilt is finished :)  It is SO big that my girls had to hold it over the edge of the porch, sideways :)  It measures 104" by 97".  It is for my daughters 20th birthday next week.  She recently moved into an apartment with a queen size bed.  Blue and brown are her favorite colors.  I hope she likes it :)  It's in the dryer right now.  I'll post some close ups and retake these pictures later.  The sun was funky.  Just for those who don't know, this is the second quilt top that I did.
Full view sideways.
The full view of the front, properly oriented :)
The back, oriented correctly.
Full view back sideways.

Here are the "post wash" photos.  I have to say that I liked it better after getting back from quilting, but now that it is bound and has been washed...I LOVE IT!!!   I really do like it now :)  Just a bit of a warning.... there are at TON of photos!











It's so soft and squishy now :)  I am sad that there is no minky on the back.  I'll have to make her a tv quilt with minky later :)

1 comment:

  1. It looks so great! I'm always amazed at how much more I love a quilt after it's all washed and crinkly. It's just the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***