Friday, March 30, 2012

Post #100... something special...



Sewing... Live Animals.... FIRE!!!!


Four of the Easter Bags are finished :)

I figured since the bags were for Easter, I should include the Easter bunny :)

This is our bunny, Fatty, aka- Big Fat White Bunny

He's not great at posing :(

Fat Fat is a New Zealand White

"Is this my good side?"

He is an albino.

He is blind.

"I think this might be my best side!"

One more of the cute bags.

Fatty McFat Fat is about the size of a large cat.


Now for the FIRE!!!  In honor of our neighbors retirement, we had a BBQ and a bon fire.  The men got a little out of hand and decided to burn the boxes that my hubby's new grill came it.  It made BIG flames, 12-15 feet high ;D



PS- I have a good chunk of another of the Easter Bags finished.  I need about 40 minutes to finish it.  I ran out of pellon, so before I can start on the very last one, I am going to have to run to the store in the morning so I can pound these bad boys out Monday morning.  I am planning on getting the top sewn for the Stars of the Barnyard Quilt tomorrow.  I am thinking I should be able to baste and quilt the Stars & Cherry quilts Tuesday-thursday.  I'd really like to make a zippered makeup bag next week too.

I am linking this post up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict WHOOP WhOOP!!
and Crazy Mom Quilts finish it up Friday!!!

PPS-  To make these bags, I sort of used a tutorial I found on line.. I posted the link the first time I got the brilliant idea to make these bad boys for Easter.  I'll look for it..... and here it is, http://www.sweetfloweret.com/2011/02/tutorial-boy-messenger-bag.html  She did a GREAT job with this tutorial.  I ended up making tons of modifications, but her pattern is a perfect place to start!  I have made bags forever, so I used her basic measurements for the first one I made and then modified the next five to my needs.  The strap measurement on her tutorial is for a small child.  It is barely long enough for my kindergartner.  I would have made his strap at least 38-40".  I ended up making 52" straps for my big girls.  They are perfect for our 5'11" daughter and me, 5'9".

3 comments:

  1. I love your Easter bags! They are lovely! Have a great sewing weekend. Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb. Sewing is the best way to spend the weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter bags are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***