Friday, May 4, 2012

May the 4th Be With You!

Today we went shopping :)  It was my hubbies first time shopping at Gracie Lou's in Salem.  I think he might have been impressed :)  My SIL gave me a gift certificate for there so I needed to spend it naturally.
Here is what I bought officially from her-




I had to take multiple photos because it is SO cute!  I have had my eyed on this for a while now.  It is just so pricey that I have stayed away.    I am SO excited to do something with it :)
I also hit the sale stack at Gracie Lou's and bought the backing for my Retro Flower quilt-



Again, too many pics :)  It has the pinks in it and the grey to tie it all together :)
I also bought more of this print that I keep finding uses for :)  At 40% off, why not?
..so I didn't take a picture, but it is the Central Park line, the piece that looks like sea weed to me ;)
And one more cut of fabric was purchased today at Walmart.  I was looking for a pattern and my 6 year old just HAD to have this fabric.  Who am I to deny the fabric lover in my son?

Yes, he has a planet thing.  I of course had to make something to honor Star Wars day :)  ... you know, May the 4th be with you?  It's may the force be with you with a lisp ;)  Here is what I made for the boys :0
....my 17 year old wants one too :)


Pillow cases, of course!  The boys love them and hopefully this will get my 6 year old off my back about his birthday quilt that he is not getting until DECEMBER ;D  It's probably wishful thinking, but I can dream cant I?
Have a GREAT Friday!  I am off to run errands with the chillins so tomorrow is free to sew my hubbies birthday quilt tomorrow! xoxo

PS- I am linking this post up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict WHOOP WhOOP!!

3 comments:

  1. Marion, beautiful fabrics as always! We can never have enough photos in a blog! :) Boys always seems to like planet stuff so no wonder why you've hit home with it! Last, but not least would like to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Your blog is wonderful and I can't wait to read about what you're up to. You can find the details here: http://katisquilting.blogspot.com/2012/05/good-news.html
    Congratulations from the bottom of my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW Kati! That ROCKS!!! I am going to have to post that right away! Thank you so much :)
      yes, boys are nuts over the planets!

      Delete
    2. Glad I could make you happy, yaaaaaay! :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***