Friday, May 8, 2015

A Special Quilt

On April 19th, we received the worst news.  Our 19 year old niece had died unexpectedly.




I don't have to tell you how shocked and saddened we all are by the loss of our sweet niece.



Of course, I wanted to make her family a quilt for comfort.  As I thought about my brother and sister in law, a quilt I made a few years ago came to mind. (Blogged HERE)



The pattern is by Konda Luckau (Moose on the Porch Quilts).  She designed the quilt for market for Timeless Treasures.



Fortunately, the quilt top was still around.  I had Konda quilt it with hibiscus flowers, as Olivia's mother LOVES all things tropical.



I know that a quilt can't even begin to make them feel any better, but I am hoping that it will give them a speck of peace as they wade through their ocean of grief!


4 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry for your family's loss. Your quilt is absolutely beautiful in its subtlety, and I hope it brings at bit of comfort at such a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your and your family's loss. Your quilt is lovely and I'm sure it will provide some comfort to the recipients. Prayers from northeastern KY for comfort in such a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Hugs.
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A terrible loss, and my heart goes out to the family, especially your niece's mother. Your quilt gift looks calm and peaceful and I imagine it will be wrapped around them in a warm hug.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***