Friday, January 29, 2016

Chic Country Quilt & NMQG Color Challenge UPDATE

Guess what???  I got so busy, I forgot to actually finish this post before I posted it :-0
lol!


When I saw this quilt by Jenny of Sew Kind of Wonderful I knew that I would 
have to make one for myself!


NMQG's opening challenge for 2016 is going to be a color challenge.
(Yippee!!)


As a member of the board, we all drew a color and I got blue!
(I HATE blue)
I tired to cheat and drew another crayon out of the bag and got BROWN!!!
(The other most ugly color in the WORLD!!)


Anyhoots, when I took a moment to look at the blues in my stash, I realized that if I start on the color wheel, just the blue side of green and go all the way to just the blue side of purple, there is a pretty amazing array of colors!


I had so much fun pulling all of the blues from my stash.


I did my best to divide the fabrics into saturated and low volume.


There were quilt a few of my favorite prints in the lot.


I made this whole quilt while I was at a getaway sew week with my friends in Park City.


I cut and sewed like a madwoman for two solid days.


The more I sewed, the more I fell in love!


Eventually the top was finished and it was time to go home :(

Due to the crazy busy holiday season, I didn't get to quilt this beauty until after New Year's.


...but boy, it was worth the wait!


I decided to do a curved crosshatch.


...and lots and lots of narrow curves.


I just love all of the texture.


This quilt pattern is so amazing and fun to look at!


Sorry, I am crazy in love :)


For the backing one of my quilting BFF's found an amazing black and white script fabric.


The binding is my favorite black and white on the bias.


I am so sad that this quilt is so small :(
I thought it was going to be bigger.
If I were more brave, I would have made it four times bigger.
...but alas, I am lazy and have way too much other work to do!


Now enjoy photos of my grandchildren and the quilt.


The couldn't possibly hold still, so the pics are pretty bad! lol


I love these two so very much.


Being a grandma is the BEST!


Poor Livy Lou is always being steamrolled by Benito!


Good thing she can hold her own!




7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt...was the piecing difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt, and your grandchildren are beautiful. I really think I will have to try this one next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Chic Country is beautiful. I am working on one now and having trouble squaring up my blocks. My points just are not lining up with the spots on the ruler where they are supposed to. Did you have any issues with this at all? I'd appreciate any insight you can share! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having the same problem. I love the pattern but it's so frustrating. I'm just about to give up and move on to something else.

      Delete
  5. I'm sewing this pattern now and am finding my stiletto is my best friend in guiding the pieces while I sew. It's much easier than it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate blue too, but this turned out gorgeous. This pattern is now on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***