Friday, March 14, 2014

Dave's Scrappy Vomit Quilt Konda Style

We have so many wonderful friends!!

We inherited a piano from my husbands parents this past summer.  It was in need of a tuning.  Our neighbor and good friend offered to tune our piano for a quilt.


He said I could make it out of fabric that I don't like anymore ;D  I instantly remembered the vomit fabric swap we did last year.


I used Konda's pattern to make this beauty ;D I call it ScrappyVomitKondaStyle.


The fabrics are HORRIBLE, but all together looks AWESOME!! :)


I quilted all of his girls names in the quilt.


And his name.


Thank you to Amy who kept bringing me all of the ugly scraps she could find at QuiltBliss ;D  Thanks to her, we have a few extra "special" prints in the quilt.


4 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I know how much piano tuning can cost, and I know how much it costs to make a quilt. I think you both came out winners in this deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great looking quilt, my friend! You're truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how this turned out so great even with such an interesting selection of fabrics. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***