Friday, May 9, 2014

Park View T-Shirt Quilt

The secretary at my kids school commissioned me to make a quilt for our principal that is leaving at the end of the year.


She gave me a bunch of school t-shirts that we had during her tenure as our fearless leader.


To border each t-shirt I used Violet Crafts Waterfront Park collection in grey, black and yellow.


I decided on a flower fmq for the borders around the t-shirt fabrics.


After I finished quilting the borders, it was clear that I needed to do a little quilting on the t-shirts themselves.


I tried to keep it simple.


I did not quilt on any of the screen printing.


Enjoy the "TOO" many pictures, as usual :)


As you can see, I used a little black and white Half Moon for the borders.  I LOVE that print!


To back the t-shirts, I used the lightest fusible Pellon that I could find.


This time I used Pellon 906F Fusible Sheerweight.


I have been having a ton of fun printing labels on my home printer :)


For the binding I used one of my all time favorites!  Can you guess what it is?


I love how the back looks.  They are going to have all of the kids and the staff sign the back.


Good luck on your new adventures, Mrs. Reynolds!  We will miss you!

Quilt stats-
82.5" x 57"

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! You did a wonderful job matching the border fabrics with the t-shirts! She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you took so many pictures! I'm a new quilter, and have a t-shirt quilt all put together, basted, and stitched in the ditch around each shirt and frame. But have been stumped as to "now what????" I knew what I wanted to do for freeform stitching in the big gaps between shirts, but I didn't know what to do inside the tshirts--I really didn't want to stitch over the top of the logos and such. You gave me some wonderful ideas! And yours is beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have measurements for your blocks?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***