Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pioneer Trek Clothing

My long time friend asked me if I could make some clothes for her girls that are going on a Pioneer Trek this summer.  I figured I'd give it a try ;-).

Here are all of the pictures and little commentary as I am away from my computer and phone blogging is a bother :/

Here is the link to the patterns I used for the skirt and bonnet. For the bloomers (not pictured) I used a pj bottom pattern and just cut them to the correct length. Elastic will be added to the bottom when they are hemmed to fit the girls. (They live a few states over in Kansas 😉)


THIS is the apron tutorial I used. http://handcart-trek.org/patterns/Aprons.pdf
























A few people have been concerned that the fabric is too cheerful and not pioneerish enough. I figure pioneers would have loved such bright and cheery fabric :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love them! Those girls are going to be the best dressed pioneers on the whole trek. I'm sure the actual pioneers loved color just as much as we do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric! Historical? No, but SO awesome. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***