Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pioneer Trek Clothing

My long time friend asked me if I could make some clothes for her girls that are going on a Pioneer Trek this summer.  I figured I'd give it a try ;-).

Here are all of the pictures and little commentary as I am away from my computer and phone blogging is a bother :/

Here is the link to the patterns I used for the skirt and bonnet. For the bloomers (not pictured) I used a pj bottom pattern and just cut them to the correct length. Elastic will be added to the bottom when they are hemmed to fit the girls. (They live a few states over in Kansas 😉)


THIS is the apron tutorial I used. http://handcart-trek.org/patterns/Aprons.pdf
























A few people have been concerned that the fabric is too cheerful and not pioneerish enough. I figure pioneers would have loved such bright and cheery fabric :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love them! Those girls are going to be the best dressed pioneers on the whole trek. I'm sure the actual pioneers loved color just as much as we do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric! Historical? No, but SO awesome. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want an outfit just like this for my trek this year! I wish I had the skills to make my own like you did. Any tips for someone not so good at this kind of thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The link for the bonnet and the skirt doesnt work can you email me at weaverjoyce@yahoo.com . have to make these for school in the next week.
    http://www.cornerhouseblog.com/2011/07/pioneer-skirts-and-bonnets.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***