Thursday, January 30, 2014

DewberryCrush Diaper Bag

Here is the diaper bag version of the Temple Bag I made for my daughters, sister-in-law.  It is super cute!!!


TOO many pictures for your viewing pleasure :)


I LOVE this Notting Hill poppy print.


Pockets for cell phones and keys or binkies or whatever :)


Aren't those pink bunnies CUTE!!!


The inside.


This divided grey bunny pocket is an addition that I find useful in a diaper bag. *Instructions at the bottom*


Side bottle pockets.



Inside zipper pocket.


The back side :)


The back zipper pocket.


And finally the strap :)  I officially LOVE this bag!!!



Because I made this bag with what I had on hand from the Joel Dewberry windfall, I needed to modify the size.  It is the PERFECT size.  Here are my modifications.  All measurements are the cut size, unless otherwise noted as a finished size.

Measurements:
Exterior 19-1/4" x 27-3/4"
2 large inside pockets 13-1/2" wide x 22" high
front pocket finished size 7.5" x 12"
bottle pockets 8" x 17"
flap finished size 12-3/4" x 16"
finished size for the additional  shorter divided pocket on the inside 5-1/2"x 12-1/2" *

*to add this pocket, place the finished shorter pocket on top of the finished larger one and top stitch the dividing seam down the middle of the shorter pocket, THEN top stitch the whole unit into the interior lining to form the large pocket.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous bag!
    I wish I had a JD windfall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice bag and very nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I LOVE this bag! I am terrified of bags. I've only attempted one, and I had no idea what I was doing. It was such a massive failure that I've been scared away from trying again. Maybe someday... In the meantime, I'll drool over yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***