Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Schnitzel & Boo Mini Swap

A month ago I signed up for round two of the Schnitzel & Boo Mini swap on IG. 


My partners favorite colors are grey, coral, aqua and navy. 


I have always wanted to make a Lone Star quilt, so I figured this would be a great time to try my hand at one ;-)


I used a strip piecing method I found on line. 


The process was fun and pretty quick. 


The colors play so well together. 


The tricky part was trying to figure out how to attach the star to the back ground. 


Eventually I figured it out by seeing how others had finished off paper pieced stars. 


With every seam, I got more excited!


Because of the need to press seams in specific direction to get perfect points, I had to label my sections. 


Doesn't it look cool!?!


My center points even are pretty darn good. 


I quilted with straight lines, matching to star pattern. 


The back looks pretty awesome!


For the binding, I used a little Happy Go Lucky by Bonnie & Camile. 




Here it is al finished :-)




I added corner hanging things...you know, for hanging ;-)


Since my printer ate the label I designed, I decided to do an epp label, of course!


Embroidery is not my thing, so I just wrote it all :-)


My partners name is covered!


Being the over zealous girls that I am, I decided my partner needed a matching zippered pouch :-)




Cute, eh?




I used left over fabric from the mini. 


...and a grey dotted ribbon for a pull. 


And because I can't leave well enough alone, I made this cute little pincushion too!


It measures 3" square. The patchwork is made up of 1/2" squares ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Came out gorgeous, Marion! I'm jealous of your partner :) Lone Star is still on my to-do list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marion, I just want to say thank you agin! I love my mini and all the thoughtful goodies you sent with it! Thanks again, Kassi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***