Wednesday, September 2, 2015

McKay's Quilt for Jennifer

h

A boy from the neighborhood just got married.


We have been friends with his family for YEARS!


He wanted to give his sweet bride a quit for a wedding gift.


I was more than happy to help him out!


He chose a quilt called "Mystery Solved".


He and his mom carefully chose the fabric together :)


He wanted to add a monogram.


His aunt helped him design it.


It was really fun to make this for them.


For the quilting I did more paisley swirls and other assorted motifs.


A peacock feather even made it in!


I was told the bride loved it!


I hope they will enjoy many cold evenings under it :)






2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! And such a great story behind the making of it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***