Friday, September 4, 2015

Yellowstone Adventures


For our family vacation this year, we decided to go see Yellowstone for the first time.


My husband and I had been as kids, and our children (and grandchildren) had never seen it.


We stayed in a cabin in Island Park.


We spent two days in the park.

This is Fountain Geyser.  It erupts for nearly an hour.  SO COOL!!!

As you can see from the pictures, it was AMAZING!!!


Each place we stopped was surreal.


I had a lot of fun with my family and the panoramic pictures :)


The water was so amazing!


We really wanted to touch it :/


Grand Prismatic Spring was my absolute favorite!


I found myself wishing I could fly so I could get a better look!





It was so fun to have the grand babies with us!


The foreigners were very fascinated by them.



Here we are waiting for Old Faithful.


(it was pretty boring by comparison to the other places)





I REALLY wanted to see a buffalo!


Hayden Valley delivered!






So much so, that we had an up close and personal experience!


This was AWESOME!!!





Norris Geyser Basin was really COOL!



I saw Norris as a child and was TERRIFIED!


I screamed and screamed until my parents took me back to the car.


(What a turd!)


The colors were amazing!


Enjoy the rest of the pictures taken with my old phone camera.


(They turned out pretty good ;))


















Next comes Mammoth Hot Springs.


This place was crazy awesome weird.








Now for the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone.


It was AWE-some!!










On our way home we stopped at a lava flow just off of the freeway.


I think it is called Hell's Half Acre Lava Flow.


It was really cool in person.


One last family picture for good measure.


Eyes straight into the sun!!





2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I may never get to this place for real but your snaps give me a sense of the other worldliness of such a place! Your story regarding your fear as a child reminds me of the day my daughter screamed for no apparent reason for a long time on a beach. We thought she was being naughty, the life guard thought she had been bitten, no it turns out she saw a sign warning about jelly fish and thought we were about to be devoured by huge jelly fish from the ocean! Poor baby and we were just cross at her, she was trying to keep us safe! I as a child hated fireworks. looks like the next generation took it all its stride though, great family memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***