Monday, September 7, 2015

The KitchenAid Mixer


My sweet mother had her 71st birthday a few weeks ago.


She loved my mini mixer that Laura made for me (blogged HERE).


I decided she needed to have her very own!


I actually was going to do the exact same pattern, but there was no downloadable PDF :(


I remembered seeing a KitchenAid foundation pieced pattern a while back so I googled it.


Shazam!!!  There it was, as DARLING as I remembered it to be!


This was designed by the VERY talented Penny @sewtakeahike for Sew-Ichigo (Click HERE)


Even before I went looking for her pattern, I knew I wanted to use this Flea Market Fancy print for the mixer!  AND GUESS WHAT???? It is the very print she used for her pattern sample!!!


My mom's favorite color combo is blue, red and yellow.
I sure hope she loves it!!!


For the binding I used Emily Herrick's awesome ticking stripe from one of her collections.
I cut it on the bias for extra flare :)
(Actually, the selvage strip is also from one of Emily's fabrics too!)


For the quilting I did a few simple fmq designs to make the mixer and bowl pop!


I even painted my nails to match ;)

5 comments:

  1. Love your mixer! The fabric choices are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job! And all that lovely Free Market Fancy fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out beautiful. And your quilting really does make the mixer pop. Your Mom is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute mini! I know your mom loves it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***