Saturday, January 21, 2012

Quilt Number One, day one :)



To start out I pulled down all of my fabric and sorted it by color. No use in buying fabric that I already had :) In my happy mess I found this fabric I bought at JoAnns several years ago. I am guessing it is a replica of vintage state handkerchiefs. I LOVE the colors and have always wanted to do something with it :) A quilt seemed the perfect thing!
Next I headed off to several fabric stored to find the perfect sashings and borders and other quilt stuff that I needed to get started. I went to our local quilt shop Stitches & Sew Forth where the owner helped me get some basic design ideas and red and yellow sashing :) Thanks Rebecca! Next I headed over to Gracie Lou's for some turquoise square coin thingies :) ...and the border.... and I went home and cut it all up and laid it out on the floor :) ...and took pictures to make sure I could remember what I did ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***