Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday, Sunday

This is a PERFECT example of how the scriptures can be used incorrectly!


On the way to church, my 11 year old was swinging his scriptures and clocked my 9 year old right in the eye! :(


I was already at church when my kids came in the chapel to try to explain why my son left home just fine and arrived with the beginnings of what will be an AWESOME black eye ;D

Fortunately there was some ice in the fridge at church, so he sat with an ice pack on his eye through Sacrament meeting.  I took him home after that.  I didn't think Primary would be too fun with an ice pack and a good headache.


Here is another good/typical picture of Sunday afternoons at our home :)  Enjoy!


My hubby and his dad DEEP in thought :)

13 comments:

  1. Hope your son's okay. The picture of your husband and his dad is so funny! Do they know you posted it?? Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son is doing great :) A little ice and advil go along way! ...as for my hubby, he just found out about the post when I giggled while reading your comment. He laughed at the picture ;)

      Delete
  2. At least the scriptures didn't get THROWN at him. : ) Poor guy. That can sure ruin a perfectly good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true :) We actually aren't totally sure how the whole thing went down. Ashley was walking in front of them and suddenly heard Mac scream and start to cry. When she turned to see what had happened he was on the ground wailing and holding his face. Ash said that Ford was just standing there with a blank expression with his shoulders shrugged ;D ford says it was an accident, Mac begs to differ ;D

      Delete
    2. Well, at least you can see the scriptures made an impression on him!

      Delete
  3. Hope your son is doing well. There is nothing like a good sermon, to go home a sleep on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son is doing great :) The ice really helped! ..and you are so right, a little sermon at church makes for a good afternoon nap at home! :D

      Delete
  4. Oh I can't stop chuckling at the two asleep side by side! to funny. such a typical sunday afternoon! thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The really funny part is that I could publish an entire book of pictures of them asleep. My father in law actually fell asleep while STANDING singing in the church choir. He woke up when I dropped the hymn book :D

      Delete
    2. I meant to say "when HE dropped the hymn book" ;)

      Delete
  5. Hopefully you will get this...I will keep trying

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***