Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Grandmother's Garden Progress

I was able to baste more hexies last week :)


I found this website that has a hexy calculator.  You type in the dimensions of the quilt you want to make, and it calculates how many hexies you need to make :)  The website is CD Designs and you can get to the calculator HERE.

According to this calculator, I will need 2930 one inch hexies to make a full size quilt.  So I need 418.57 flowers :)  So lets just say that I will only need 418 flowers.

Here are my tallies:
418 flowers needed, 10 flowers made, 408 left to go.
2926 hexies needed, 256 made, 2670 left to go.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my word!!!
    To think that you are actually going to do is is mindboggling!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've been studying all your links and I have a couple more questions. Once I've pieced the hexies together, do I need to baste them onto another piece of fabric like the quilt you made earlier this year? I will probably buy the paper pieces and hexies pre cut since my energy levels are so crazy from one hour to the next.....I'd like to try just a lap quilt or something that size. I hate anything smaller because they are practically useless and I USE my quilts! Thanks so much for asking how I'm doing, Heavenly Father is blessing me amazingly. We feel that all will be well, it's just going to take some time to get there! Space does not permit to share all the tender mercies I've received. I have a wonderful supportive husband, family and faith filled friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to make hexie's and they go far faster than one might expect. Prepping them for travel has really helped me get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that calculator. I go to it a lot to try and see how I'm doing. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your glue basting! It goes SO MUCH FASTER!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***