Friday, October 3, 2014

Bacon BACON Quilt

Oh yeah!  You read that correctly!!  It's a BACON quilt!


My sweet quilting BFF, Barbie, over at The Quilting Mill designed this FANTASTIC quilt!


Barbie is hosting a quilt along so you can make your very own BACON quit!  Click HERE for details!


For my quilting I decided on a wavy organic line.  I really like the BACON feel of it ;)


For the back ground I searched the clearance shelves for the perfect fabric.  (I am NOT spending $12 per yard for backing... unless it's minky ;))


For the binding, Barbie came up with the idea to make a scrappy bacon binding on the bias.


It pretty much ROCKS!!!

This quilt is for my hubby for Christmas, but first it is getting entered into  the Nebo Modern Quilt Guilds Simply Solids Challenge.  All entries will be on display at Gracie Lou's in Salem Utah to be voted on by customers :)  Be sure to stop by the store and check them all out!



If you know my hubby, DON'T SPOIL THE SURPRISE!!!

11 comments:

  1. The binding is fantastic. Was it difficult to work with all those seams in the binding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously tasty, and that backing could not be more perfect!! And your husband doesn't read your blog??? Hahahahaha. I won't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!!! That is so fun :D I love how the backing looks like rows of teeth ready to chomp on BACON. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything has to be better with Bacon it as we say in our family so why not a quilt. So awesome, binding, the backing and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how yours turned out! The wavy quilting really does work well for the wavy bacon-ness of the whole thing. Thanks for making a bacon quilt with me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great quilt, Marion! I do love the backng! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I hope my husband doesn't see this quilt or he will want one too. Love the scrappy binding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. With a name like this I just had to pop over from Crazy Mom Quilts to see what it was! This is hilarious! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt just made me laugh. I couldn't click on the link fast enough when I saw the word BACON. Nom nom, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! I love it! The backing fabric is great, and the binding and quilting work very well. This is such a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A quilt with humor! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***