Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Receiving Blankets

As many of you know, we are expecting our first two grand babies at Thanksgiving :-) ...yes, I am too young to be a grandma ;-)


So of course, I had to make receiving blankets for the sweet new members of our family :-)


For two of the blankets I just finished the edges by machine. 


The rest, I hemmed stitched I'm preparation for a crocheted edge to come. 


I am using a chenille yarn for four of the blankets. 


Oh, how I love these owls. 


Sea creatures are so sweet!


The chenille is a bit awkward to work with but it came together pretty fast. 


I can't wait to swaddle these two new angles!


2 comments:

  1. Those are so cute. I would love to learn how to do that crochet edge with chenille.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, such adorable blankets, Marion! You will be the BEST Gramma ever! :))) I can't believe the time is almost here, looking forward to tons of baby photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***