Almost from the very first day I started quilting back in January of 2012,
I started saving selvages for a string project.
The first project I was going to do was a crocheted bath mat. I gave up on that one when I found out I would need to sew all of the strings end to end :/
Next I saw the string blocks and that is what I stuck with.
The design evolved over time until I ended up this :)
Each block is 9.5", unfinished. I used a foundation piecing method.
The white strips were cut to 1.5" wide.
My favorite paper to use is the Ikea art easel paper.
It is so fun to see little bits of all of my past projects.
I need to come up with a new scrappy project for the next few years.
For the binding I used my favorite Grease text print.
And, of course, the pink sparkle peeps had to make an appearance.
My label had a typo :/ I used some white craft paint and fixed it all up ;-)
Now for the washer!
Finished size 72" x 54"