Friday, November 1, 2013

Ashley's Wedding Quilt

Don't go freaking out or anything... yes, this is going to be a real post :)

I have hijacked my daughters computer.  Hopefully she doesn't see the pics of her quilt I uploaded before I give her the quilt tomorrow at her bridal shower :)


This quilt took me longest to make so far.


I began this quilt as a bom with my church group in September 2012.


Becky Morganson designed this quilt for a Block Party at Stitches & Sew Forth.


I did deviate with the layout and I added 5 more pieced blocks.


I really wanted my setting blocks to form an Irish Chain design verses the squares that Becky had designed.


I also wanted my yellow 1" squares to be scrappy :)


For the quilting I did a cross hatch straight line with fmq borders and zig-zags around the Dresden blocks.


In the white section of the borders I went for an art deco fmq thing-ie ;D



In the outer borders I attempted feathers.  I am super happy with how they turned out :)
 

It is a little easier to see the quilting on the back.



I have been saving this label for a very special quilt :)


I also had to make a "real" label so I tried my hand at printing one on my printer.


It totally worked :)


This quilt ended up 119"x109".


It's HUGE!!!


I sure hope she loves it!


Now to make her "sign in" quilt for the reception.
(They are having the guest sign a quilt instead of a book)



15 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous. I love the blocks, the Irish Chain, the quilting, it's just wonderful. You did a great job! I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. I am sure your daughter will be so delighted. Amazing amount of work and love the labels. Congratulations!!! Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one great quilt,you should be very pleased and your daughter will love it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful treasure to give your daughter on such a wonderful occasion in her life - totally beautiful and totally worth the effort! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's beautiful. I love the yellow Irish chain setting. And the label cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an accomplishment! It is beautiful, and I cannot believe you did a quilt this big on your home machine. While I'm wrestling and cursing the current twin size I'm quilting, I'll remember you and try to be inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, that label is hysterical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marion - It really turned out wonderful! The quilting is amazing. I am amazed with what you accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilt, the quilting and the labels. I need you to teach me how to do labels for all my quilts. That is something I really don't know if I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. It's gorgeous! Your daughter is going to love this. My favorite part is that dresden block with the different quilting. Oh, and the label! I need one or two of those...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What can I say?............a real love token......an awesome gift to a young bride. The quilting is inspiring to someone who is starting her home machine quilting adventures. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just beautiful. Not to mention immeasurably meaningful. Congratulations to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's amazing and yes it's huge. Your daughter will be blown away by it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goooooorgeous! And what a LUCKY daughter!!! I'm in looove with that flowery border fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***