I have hijacked my daughters computer. Hopefully she doesn't see the pics of her quilt I uploaded before I give her the quilt tomorrow at her bridal shower :)
This quilt took me longest to make so far.
I began this quilt as a bom with my church group in September 2012.
I did deviate with the layout and I added 5 more pieced blocks.
I really wanted my setting blocks to form an Irish Chain design verses the squares that Becky had designed.
I also wanted my yellow 1" squares to be scrappy :)
For the quilting I did a cross hatch straight line with fmq borders and zig-zags around the Dresden blocks.
In the white section of the borders I went for an art deco fmq thing-ie ;D
In the outer borders I attempted feathers. I am super happy with how they turned out :)
It is a little easier to see the quilting on the back.
I have been saving this label for a very special quilt :)
I also had to make a "real" label so I tried my hand at printing one on my printer.
It totally worked :)
This quilt ended up 119"x109".
I sure hope she loves it!
Now to make her "sign in" quilt for the reception.
(They are having the guest sign a quilt instead of a book)