Thursday, November 21, 2013

Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie

A little love note I left for my kids :)

This is our FAVORITE pie around here :)  I met a lady while we were getting our nails done for the wedding and she wanted the recipe.  So here goes :)

This comes from my BFF Michelle via recipezaar.... which is now food.com.  Here is the link to the original recipe.

Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
4 large eggs
1 cup light corn syrup
6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons Bourbon (I prefer only 2T)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
1 (9 inch) pie shells
Directions:
1  Whisk together eggs and next 7 ingredients until mixture is smooth; stir in pecans and morsels.
2  Pour into pie crust.
3  Bake on lowest oven rack at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until set.


Note- Always make a homemade crust with this pie.  I prefer and extra thick crust with this pie :)

5 comments:

  1. This looks amazing. I'm seriously considering trying it. I live close to Payson, and I'm wondering - where do you get your Bourbon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! That account might be No Reply. You can respond to this one. :)

      Delete
  2. And do you have a recipe for the extra thick crust as well? It looks mouth watering and the warning sign rhymes! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pie, and I love Marion even more. Go to your local liquor store, or if you are like me, buy some when you are in Japan (2011's bourbon courtesy of Yokihama).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***