Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hexy Beginnings

A while back I decided that I wanted to make a epp hexy quilt with scraps from all of my quilts.  I like handwork and I liked the idea of a portable project.

This past weekend, I finally got around to starting it :)  General Conference for our church was the perfect opportunity :)


My hubby traced 1" hexies for me and cut them out.


I glue basted the individual hexies and then started stitching them together :)


I am not sure how I will put them together yet.  I will likely wait to decide until I have a few more [thousand] done  :)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Marion-I'm going to be in Utah from the 17-25 and I was wondering if you could give me a list of your lovely quilt shops that I could visit. I'm going to be mostly in Provo helping my dad and sisters sort through my mom's stuff but I will be in North SL too for several days. I was envious of your trip with Emily and I would love to visit some fun shops while I'm there. We just started a quilt group in my stake and it was SOOOO fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must realy like hand work, the hexies look great and it is a hand work project that I know you will love doing. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love hexies and yours are delicious! i'm all the tail end of my hexie topper ... hexies flowers and vines are going on the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have a lot of hexies there. I still have to learn how to do them as good as you. It isn't something that I do very well. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing that your hubby helps you with your quilting. Mine "helps" by staying in the garage and walking the dog! Your hexies look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a VERY nice hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hexy epp.. but one inch ones are too small for my big hands! :( I've been doing 2 inch ones... makes big quilts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***