Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Because Bangles ROCK

Ta-Da!!!  The bangles are all hand stitched together :)


I have a REALLY BIG crush on this quilt. (I LOVE epp)


It pressed up so nicely with a little Maggie's Classy Hooch Press ;D


Next came the applique process.  I decided to hand applique the bangles to a white background.


Once I was finished appliqueing the bangles on the background, I snipped the white backing away.


We have company coming tonight, so I am not sure if I'll get much more if this quilt done this week :)  I'd like to get the top finished so I can baste the quilt and have it handy for all of the hand quilting this sweet baby is going to get :)
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. wow, it looks amazing! love your fabric choices. so summery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, very cool :) Hey, Marion - did you use more than one grapefruit to zest your hooch? I just can't eat them, so I don't normally buy them - don't want to get more than I need! Like you, though, I love their scent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning. I have never seen a hexie pieced inside another hexie before. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crushing on this, too! I have some of that fabric sitting right over there in my closet, and this is the most inventive and interesting way to use it. I was going to make a bag, but now. . .

    You're really cooking on this!

    Elizabeth E.
    opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pattern and the fussy cutting. The flamingos in particular are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally in awe of all the hand-stitching. What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***