This journey started on New Year's Eve. I was going to make it 6x6...
I had "all" of the blocks finished on New Year's day when I decided it needed to be BIGGER!
I now needed to make 28 more blocks so I dug into my stash yet again. With wedding plans all around, I didn't get many chances to work on it :(
Finally on Friday I was able to finish up the 28 blocks (which actually ended up being only 27, go figure...some day I will find the missing block). Friday I laid out and sewed up 4 and 1/2 rows and then went to see Breaking Dawn with my hubby.
Saturday morning I decided to try out one of the 4 sewn rows to see if the size would be ok. It was PERFECT for the length, but it was a bit short across the top. :( I would need to make 8 more blocks to fit our California King size bed :p Fortunately, I had only sewn up 4 and a half of the original rows. I relaid out the rest of the un-sewn rows and mixed in the new 8 blocks.
|My 7 year old calls this the "heart" quilt :)|
I REALLY love this quilt top :)
I am thinking about using my grandmothers old sheets for the backing. I am also pretty sure I am going to try an orange peel fmq. Now I need to get it in gear and get my daughters wedding quilt finished :)
This quilt is made using the tutorial over at QuiltVille HERE.
The one modification I made was to make sure that there was a black strip in each strip set. Then when clipping the little loops, just make sure the black squares form the center diagonal :)