Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Letters to My Daughter Update

*** If you are looking for Operation Sunshine click HERE :)  Thank you!!!***

Once a month our church has a quilting night.  We sew from about 6 pm until the cows come home ;)

For our project this year, we are using a BOM by Becky Morganson of Stitches & Sew Forth.  Becky is an AMAZING quilt designer and we are SO lucky that she lives and works right in our own back yard!

Now, not only to we get to partake of Becky's tremendous talent, but Konda Lukau from Moose on the Porch Quilts is our quilting groups fearless leader and teacher!!!  Talk about LUCKY!!! :)

We started the quilting group last September.  I did the first two blocks and then have not worked on the quilt since then :(

For the February meeting I finished four. :)


I am committed to working on the blocks each month!  I have to have this quilt finished before my next daughter gets married.  Here's to hoping I have a LONG time to work on this one :)

Feb finish

Last September finish.

Feb finish

4 comments:

  1. Those blocks are gorgeous! The colour scheme is cheerful and happy yet not over the top and slightly subdued. They're going to make a really lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blocks and the color. They remind me of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks and great color ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice block pattern, one of my favorites, and the color palette is very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***