Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Operation Sunshine

HEY QUILTERS!!!  I NEED YOUR HELP!!!


I just received word of a family in crisis in our community.  To protect the children involved, I'm not going to share too much information about them.  Due to some horrible circumstances, a mother and her 6 children had to leave their home with little more than the clothes on their back.  Some wonderful friends and community members are helping the family with new living arrangements, clothes and other household needs. 

One of my oldest and dearest friends, Myra, over at She Taught Me to Love It is organizing a collection of new quilts for each of the family members as they are in need of bedding.  She asked me if I would help get the word out.

We are looking for new, pieced and quilted, twin size quilts for each of the children, and their mother. There are three girls ages 16, 10 and 4, and three boys ages 14, 12 and 6, so seven quilts in all. If you would like to help out, please leave a comment below so we can get back to you.  (If you are a "no reply blogger," please include your email in your comment :))

We understand that making a whole quilt may not be possible for everyone, so if you would like to help by making part of a quilt, please let me know.  Many hands make light work :)

PS- If you are not a quilter and want to help out, please me leave a comment.  I am certain we can find something for you to do to help :) 

xo-
Marion

UPDATE- I am in need of batting(thin Warn & Natural type) and a soft blue backing :)  Let me know if you can help with that :)

6 comments:

  1. I have some quilt tops sitting waiting to be quilted. let me check the sizes. can you get in touch with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a beautiful pink and grey quilt all ready for binding. It is approx 67 x 76. I live in Utah (I think you do, too?) so I can get it to you quickly.
    Let me know!
    Tricia Sagen
    triciasagen@netscape.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to help with a few blocks but do to my disability and my daughter's illness I can't commit to more. I really really would love to help though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful :) Could you send me your email address? Thank you so much!!! xo

      Delete
    2. Wow I didn't realize my email was invisible! I'm so glad I found that out. My email is now visible - noellelena@gmail.com. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I have some odd blocks I could contribute to a quilt, but I don't have any quilts finished that I could donate. My email is jeanenne@digis.net in case I can help in some way. I live in Cache Valley UT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***