Sunday, March 3, 2013

Presents For Hadley

*** If you are looking for Operation Sunshine click HERE :)  Thank you!!!***

My sweet baby niece is finally home from the hospital :)  


She is healthy and SO DARN CUTE!!!

Being the good auntie that I am, I had to make her some "Welcome Home" gifts :)

A receiving blanket with a crocheted edge.

My grandmother used to make these for each new baby, and so now I try to do it.
I am named after her, so it only makes sense ;)


"This blanket will NOT make me go to sleep!"

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzz" 
(My blankets and swaddling are MAGIC!)


AND, to go with this cute little blankie, I had to make these AWESOME booties.


"OK, the booties ROCK, but the clothes are HORRIFIC!!!"

"I am SERIOUS!!!  Please don't make me dress like a color blind Scott!"

(The booties fit perfectly :)

So where did the booty idea come from?
Well, April made some booties for her granddaughter, and they turned out SO cool, I had to copy cat her :)


I took a BAZILLION pictures because I LOVE them and want some for myself!


My kids all want some now too ;)


The pattern is Crocodile Stitch Booties by Lianka Azulay of Bonita Patterns and you can purchase the pattern HERE on Etsy.


I am pattern reading disabled and I had no problem making these :) ...well, no more than is usual for me ;)


The first booty only took me 6 hours to make and the second just a mere hour and a half ;)


One of these days I'll figure out how to understand patterns.


This is the 0-6 mo. size.  I used extra fine sock yarn from the clearance section at Hobby Lobby.


The end!

PS- for those of you who hung on to the end of the post....

"Being burped makes for such an awkward photo!  But don't I have such pretty big eyes, not to mention my pinchable cheeks?"

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! She is adorable! Perfect blankie and booties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so adorable. :D And it's very cool that you are continuing your grandmother's blanket tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blanket and awesome booties! Wouldn't dare to try them myself thought :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***