Friday, November 9, 2012

Mushroom Anyone?

Thursday, April and I started our "two day" sew day mini retreat :)  Many of our friends are up in Park City, Utah for the Utah County Quilt Guild Fall Retreat.  Neither of us could go, so we are improvising :)  I set up a table adjacent to my sewing table and we are sewing like mad women :)  Friday our good buddy, Annette, will be joining us.  Konda may come too for a bit on Friday. WHOOPIE!!!


We started our sew day, as any good sewing crazed women would, with a field trip to JoAnn's :)  We had a bunch of 60% off coupons that needed using :D


We grabbed some $1 menu lunch and then put the pedal to the metal and sewed up a storm!


I am sure that ONE block does not seem like I sewed much, but SERIOUSLY, these blocks take a bit of time.  I am SO happy to be half way finished with the blocks for this quilt :)

2 comments:

  1. That's what I need is a day to sew. Those blocks do look like they take a lot of time. Congratulations on getting so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this block has 324 squares sewn into it. It sounds like a gazillion pieces in one quilt! It must be taking forever to cut all these out! Are you cutting with a ruler and rotary cutter, or you're using accuquilt?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***