Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pillows For Hire

My non-sewing friend Annette's (as not to be confused with my SUPER sewing Annette friend) mother passed away a few months ago :(  One of her mothers treasured possessions was a quilt that was made with blocks representing each grandchild.  No one could decide who should have the special quilt, so Annette asked me to make pillows out of each of the blocks to give to the grandchildren for Christmas this year from their Grandmother :)

For each of the cousins, she just wanted me to back the block with fabric, simple and sweet.



There are 25 blocks total.  I know of at least 3 more grandchildren born after this quilt was made :)

For her daughters, Annette asked me to do something a bit different... a little more special ;D




I did an envelope back.  This pillow cover fits a 14" pillow form.


It was fun to make these special for her girls.  Her girls are just a bit older than my girls and were always so sweet to them.  I loved working with them in our churches youth program.

Linking up with Amanda Jean over at Crazy Mom Quilts :)

1 comment:

  1. Those are just as sweet as can be. They will all LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***