Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sweet Marmalade Baby Blankie

SWEET Konda gave me 2 mini charm packs of Marmalade :)  I stared at them for a while and then decided to make granny squares out of them.  The two mini charm packs make exactly 7 granny squares if you use the border fabric for the centers :)

Originally I was going to make them into table runners, but then I realized that they would make the most AMAZING baby blanket.

I fooled around with the layout and decided I needed to beg Konda for another mini charm pack.  She graciously dropped another over :)  KONDA ROCKS!!!

So, Wednesday afternoon I got busy and made the CUTEST BABY BLANKET EVER!!! ;D


My 15 year old daughter laid the quilt out for me.  
Didn't she do a GREAT job?


I learned how to make the monogram letter at the Utah County Modern Quilt meeting this month.  Thanks, Anna!!


One of my kids asked what the "M" was for.  I told them it was for "Marion" ;)  (The baby's name that it is for is McKayla)  My kids just looked at me like I was NUTS!!


I used pink minky for the backing with AWESOME vintage black gingham :)

I did swirly fmq.  It only took me about 30 minutes to quilt :)  Whoo Hoo!!!

The quilt measures 39" x 39".  I will deliver it asap :)

I will post a tutorial HERE next Tuesday(11/27/12) on how to make a patchwork monogram :)

Linking up with Amanda Jean over at Crazy Mom Quilts :)

15 comments:

  1. That is ADORABLE! Love that fabric and you're right, granny squares are perfect for it. The monogram M totally makes it awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, LOVE your quilt...and the monogram looks so great! So glad you loved the idea...fabulous quilt! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo pretty! I love your M, where did you get the pattern for it? I like that font a lot! And your quilting is amazing! Happy Thanksgiving my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! I'd LOVE to see a tutorial on how to make the monogram letters!! what a neat touch for quilts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours and especially the 'M'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, goodness, that is a cute cute baby quilt! i love the monogram letter. it's a great touch.

    thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the block a lot! Nice quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute! Love the 'M', a great touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute baby quilt! I love the scrappy monogram.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely quilt. I am always amazed at what you accomplish in a week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***