Sunday, March 4, 2012

Back from the Quilter



Plopped on my bed for a looksie last night.



At bed time, I tossed it on the living room floor so I could get a fresh look at it first thing in the morning. Since the kiddos are gone, I wasn't worried about them running all over it :)











Konda Lukau (Moose on the Porch Quilts), my quilter ;), told me that some time away from it would do me good. She was right. I am still not in love with the colors and would do many things WAY differently now, but this was my second quilt and it has a special place in my heart. It is for my oldest daughters 20th birthday in a few weeks. She will love it. It's so big and heavy, I am not sure how I am going to wash it. It fits our California king bed PERFECTLY, so her queen bed will be really well covered. I hope she likes it. I post more after I get it bound. It will take me several evenings to get this bad boy done ;) I am binding it in a dark blue and tan gingham.
PS- I have lost .6# this week :)  I am WAY happy about that!  I haven't been as good as I should be with the eating and exercise so down ROCKS!  A weird thing has happened, I would rather sew than get on the elliptical. ;)
PPS- I have been doing a lot of talking to myself about getting a grip about exercise.  I am still sad that running has not come back into my life like I'd hoped after the accident.  I am focusing on losing the weight with the elliptical, but I have an itch to run.  I think I'll get some lubricant for the treadmill and start walking a few days a weeks too.  Oh the things life likes to throw in our path...
PPPS- Konda told me that they are starting a quilt guilt down here, actually right up the street from my house!!!!  I am SO excited!  I joined the modern quilt guild at Broadbent's in Lehi yesterday, and now I'll have one close to home!!!!  It is even during the day, 10-2 :)  I am SO excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***